How to remotely sign out of social media accounts
We have all faced this problem at least once in our lifetime that we log in to our social media accounts on office, college or your friends PC or smartphone and forget to log out. Then we fear about our privacy, after all, we can’t trust everyone. But don’t worry there is an easy way to log out of your account from anywhere in the world.
Are you thinking that we will be discussing the password change method? Well, that’s also an option where you log in to your account on your PC or phone and change the password which will ask you to log out of every device can even automatically log out of your account from every device once you change the password.
Also Read – How to view saved password in any browser
But not everyone likes to change their password too often as we have to manage at least five social media accounts and other professional accounts and it’s not easy to remember each and every password (don’t use the same password for all your accounts, it’s highly risky). Few social media sites allow you to log out of your account remotely.
How to remotely sign out of twitter
To remotely sign out of twitter account –
- Click on your profile picture and from the drop-down menu click on setting and privacy.
- Scroll down to find Apps and Devices> Recently used devices to access Twitter. You will find all the sessions you were logged in along with browser type, device, and location.
- Click on logout to sign out of the sessions or just click on “Log out all” to log out of all the devices.
How to Remotely Sign Out of Facebook
To remotely sign out of facebook –
- Login to your FB account then go to Setting> Security & Login.
- Under “Where You’re Logged In” you will find the list all the devices which were used to login to your account along with information which includes the device name, location, time and browser type.
- You will see 3 dots next to your login instance click on that and hit log out.
- If you want to log out of all the devices click on see more and scroll down and click on logout of all devices.
Facebook also offers an additional setting to further secure your account. When you click on the three dots and hit not you, Facebook will guide you through series of steps and will show you all the recent changes like comments, share or change in the personal information that were made to your account. If you believe that the changes were not made by you then you can revert back the changes.
How to Remotely Sign Out of LinkedIn
To remotely sign out of LinkedIn follow the below steps-
You would never want your LinkedIn account to get compromised after all it’s a professional site and a little bit of up or down can ruin the professional image of yours. So it’s better to keep it secure. Remotely sign out of LinkedIn by following the below steps –
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and click on your profile picture> Settings & Privacy.
- Under Accounts go to Login and security and then click on Where you’re signed in
- A list of all your active session will be shown, now just click on sign out from any session you want.
How to Remotely Sign Out of Pinterest
To remotely sign out of your Pinterest account-
- Log in to your account and go to setting/edit setting and under setting, you will see show session.
- Click on show session, you will see all your sessions just click on end activity to log out remotely.
How to Remotely Sign Out of Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account and scroll down to the bottom to find last account activity under which a details link will be there, click on it.
- A separate window tab will open which displays all the sessions. Just click on sign out all other web sessions.
How to remotely sign out from Instagram
Instagram doesn’t provide any option to log out from your account remotely though you can always change your password to log out from every device you logged in. To do this go to setting > password and from there you can change your password. This will log you out from every device you logged in.
Also Read – Unsubscribe from spam emails all at once
Make sure you log out of all your accounts in case of theft or if you logged in on college, office or someone else’s device to protect your accounts from being compromised.
That was all about How to remotely sign out of social media accounts. If you found the article useful do let us know in the comment section below and share with your friends and family and educate them too.