Yeah, it’s true, you can activate WhatsApp without a sim or real phone number. Many people ask me “how to activate WhatsApp without SIM card” (without real number) or be anonymous on WhatsApp. Well, whatever their reason may be (I hope they are not involved in something bad) I had to figure it out.
Today in the technology era and digital world anything is possible, you just think of something and most probably someone has already done or achieved that. WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app to connect with your friends and colleagues with over a billion active users every month and 60 billion messages are exchanged every day!
How WhatsApp verification works
WhatsApp is easy to set up and use and you must first create an account by using your phone number in order to use their services. Once you enter your number WhatsApp sends a verification code on your entered phone number which you need to enter to verify your phone number.
Also Read- Download paid Android apps for free
How this trick works
Working of the trick is very simple, there are many sites and apps which provide a phone number for WhatsApp verification and these numbers are called “virtual numbers” which basically means you can’t make calls or send messages through this number.
When you register with the virtual number WhatsApp will send the verification code on the virtual number service provider and they (virtual number provider) will tell you the code so you can enter and verify your account. So, this how the anonymous WhatsApp works!
*Note – You can use these methods to activate any service like Facebook, Twitter, g-mail or anything which require a phone number to get in action.*
Also Read – How to detect if your phone has been hacked
How to activate WhatsApp without sim
So we will be discussing both free (for poor people) as well as paid methods (for rich people) for generating virtual numbers.
#Method 1 – Activate WhatsApp using TextNow app (Free!)
- Download and install the Textnow app from here.
- Now signup with any mail id.
- It will ask for the area code of USA just Google for area code and enter the code there (I used 225 area code and few others are 210 – 214 – 254 – 281 – 361 – 409 – 469 – 512 – 682 – 713 – 806 – 817 – 830 – 832 – 903 – 915 – 936 – 940 – 956 – 972 – 979).
- On the next page it will ask you to choose any number from the option and hit continue.
- Now enter that textnow phone number in your WhatsApp verification and proceed. WhatsApp will send a verification code to your textnow number which you will receive in your textnow app.
*Note- You may not receive verification code through SMS (in some cases), just request a callback and you will receive a recorded voice message of verification code in your textnow app.
#Method 2 – activate WhatsApp without sim through Nextplus App (it’s also free)
- Download and install the Nextplus app (why am I telling this step) from here.
- Open the Nextplus app and signup with any random username and password.
- Now it will ask you to select any US city and area code from the list below, choose any and proceed.
- On the next page it will show your virtual number, use this number to verify your WhatsApp account.
Now the third method is my favorite and can be used to generate multiple numbers to activate WhatsApp without sim.
#Method 3 (The best) – Activate WhatsApp without sim through 2ndLine App (thanks me, it’s also free)
- As usual download and install the app from here.
- Open the app and signup with any email.
- Now click on “Set Up” and give the necessary permissions (you can skip too) and proceed and on next slide hit on “don’t use my location” and move on.
- Now it will ask to enter area code which I already have shared with you above or enter any random 3 digit number and check.
- On the next page it will show a list of numbers to choose from, just choose anyone and hit continue. Yippee! Now you own this number. Use this number to verify your WhatsApp account and do whatever you want to do man but nothing illegal plzz.
Note – I tried all three apps and could not receive verification code through SMS on both apps but call request worked as they (virtual number providers) send me the audio of the code which works absolutely fine. So if you experience the same problem then click on request call to get the verification code.
Also Read – How to bypass WiFi login page
** Use this app to generate multiple virtual numbers by deleting the app data and signing up again with any e-mail number (no e-mail verification needed) just don’t use the already used email id. I used this multiple times to generate several virtual numbers and all worked absolutely fine.
Now you must be wondering what if I want to run multiple WhatsApp accounts in parallel to my main WhatsApp. Well, we have covered that too. Read “How to run multiple WhatsApp accounts on Android device”.
Now we have the paid method exclusively for rich people, in this method we will be using the online service called getsmscode.com. I won’t be going in too much detail as it is very much similar to other processes.
- Move to the website getsmscode.com and signup. Now load your account with $5 or any amount.
- Go to project lists (on left side) and favorite WhatsApp and now move to “Get code” section.
- Now select any country of your choice to receive your verification code.
- Enter the allocated virtual number in your WhatsApp and you will receive the activation code in the website, just enter the same in WhatsApp and activate your account.
Also Read – Download GBWhatsApp and features explained
Time saver tip
I also came across two more websites which provided free virtual numbers to activate different services and they are smsreceivefree.com and spoofbox.com. Don’t use these two websites to activate WhatsApp as WhatsApp doesn’t accept their numbers, maybe they have figured out that they are fake numbers. Though you can use these websites for Gmail account verification or any other services.
That’s all about “How to activate WhatsApp without sim”, now you have a totally anonymous account to play and be cool geeky guy among your circle. If you encounter any problem through the process just let us know in the comment section below and I will help you out. Enjoy!