How to hide folder in android Phone
There are some times when we feel the need of hiding our personal or confidential data from others. Luckily Android comes with this feature by default which enables you to hide folder in android.
Here this simple trick will be performed by our stock file manager and the other app we will be using a very popular file manager ES File Explorer pro which is available for free on play store with really good rating and offers some really robust features.
hide folder in android: File Manager
The easiest method is to use your default file explorer.
- Navigate to the file or folder which you want to hide.
- Now rename the file with any name and put a dot (.) before the name and save it. Your file is hidden now.
To make it appear again:
- Go to the original location of your file and tap on options button.
- From the menu appeared check the box saying “Show hidden files”. You will see your file now.
Also Read- How to hide files and folders in calculator
hide folder in android: ES File Explorer trick
- Download the ES File Explorer pro from here.
- Once installed the app, open the app and tap on the blue plus button at bottom right of your screen
- Now it will ask to select a file or folder, select folder
- At this stage it will ask to name the folder, here put a dot (.) and then type your name. for example here I am giving name “.newtonbaba”
And bam! You have created your safe folder (not really).
But by default your created folder is already hidden and to make it visible open the ES File Explorer pro app and tap on the three horizontal lines icon at top left position. From the pop list tap setting at bottom of the list and then select display setting and search for the “show hidden files”.
Now select this option or blue tick this option to make your hidden folder visible. Now go back to your home screen of your app and search for your folder which you created a while ago.
It should appear there with some other system folders, now put any file or folder in this folder and hide the folder by going back in setting and uncheck the “show hidden files” option to make your folder disappear from your file explorer or from your gallery.
This was all about “How to hide folder in android”. Don’t use this method to hide really confidential files as it is not that much secure.