How to temporarily disable or delete Instagram account
We are living in that time where people give more preference to their “Digital social life” than their real social life. Despite that, you are here to know how you could temporarily disable or permanently delete your Instagram account.
Now you have decided so I got to help you. It’s extremely simple but let me first know what you actually want to do. So we have two ways to deactivate your Instagram; one is to temporarily disable the account and second is to permanently delete the account.
In the first case, your Instagram account will disappear, nobody will be able to search or see you. But all your data i.e. photos, videos, comments, likes, followers, etc. will be kept until you come back. You can come back anytime and reactivate your account.
Also Read – How to mass unfollow users on Instagram
In the second case, you have the option to permanently delete your Instagram account and this will delete everything from your account. This is not reversible so only permanently delete your Instagram account when you are 100% determined and sure that you won’t regret in future.
So, what you have decided? Temporarily disable it or permanently delete it? I am not a mind reader so can’t tell what’s your decision. I will tell both the processes to disable and permanently delete the Instagram account.
*Note– Before you proceed one important thing is that you can’t disable or delete your Instagram account from the app. You have to login from a laptop or mobile browser.
How to temporarily disable your Instagram account
- Login to your Instagram account from mobile browser or laptop.
- Click on the profile icon at top right corner.
- Now click on Edit Profile.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on the link “Temporarily disable my account”.
- Select a reason why you are disabling your account.
- Now re-enter your password and click on “Temporarily Disable Account”.
That’s it! Now if you want to reactivate it, simply login back and you are done. No need to follow any special steps. You may have to wait upto 24 hours before you can reactivate again as the first process takes some time to disable it.
In case you wanted to know how you can post on Instagram from a laptop.
I would suggest you don’t take this decision after watching a motivational video. It’s better you limit have some control over you and limit the time you spend on social networks.
- Go to Instagram’s dedicated page to delete the account.
- You will be asked to log in if you are not logged in.
- Select your reason for deleting your account.
- Re-enter your account password
- Click on the button “Permanently delete my account”.
That’s it; your account is gone now! You can’t have it back.
Also Read – Remotely sign out of all social media accounts
Now as you have decided to stay out of the insta world you can now follow us on our Facebook Page! How was that?