How to block programs from accessing the internet in Windows
Few days back I installed a cracked software but somehow it connected to the internet. Now that software has been updated with the legitimate copy and I have lost the premium features. Like most people use cracked version of Adobe Photoshop for editing photos. I know it’s wrong but I can’t help as some software programs are too expensive to buy. This was my reason to block that software from accessing the internet. Yours may be different and in today’s article I will show how you can block particular programs from accessing the internet in Windows 7 & 10.Block Your Cracked Software or Programs from accessing the Internet! Click To Tweet
You can block any software or program(s) from gaining internet access in Windows. You might have heard about Windows firewall, we will use this service to block programs from the internet.
Also Read – 3 Easy ways to post on Instagram from Laptop
How to block programs from accessing the internet in Windows 7,8 & 10
- Type Firewall in search bar and click on firewall & network protection.
- You will see the Firewall main screen. Scroll a bit and click on Advanced Settings.
- In advanced settings, click on the Outbound Rules from left column.
- Now click on the New Rule.. in the right column and new window will pop up.
- Select Program and click on Next.
- In the next screen you will be presented with two options, click on All Programs if you want to block all programs and software or click on This program path to block a specific program. Browse the path of that program and click on Next.
- Now select Block the connection and click on Next.
- In the next screen select all the boxes Domain, Private and Public and click on Next.
- Now give a name to the rule and click on Finish.
- Lastly you will be taken back to Advanced Outbound Windows Firewall Settings
You will find your blocked program under Outbound rules with a block symbol on it. You can follow the exact same steps to block other programs. Or you can right click on the blocked program and click on copy and then again right click and click on paste. This will create a copy of the existing rule of blocked program.
Now we will just edit the copied rule and replace the program with a new program. Right click on the copied rule and click on properties. Now click on the Program and services tab and browse the program you want to block and then rename the rule under the general tab and then click on Apply and then Ok.
How to block a Program in Windows 7
The procedure is almost same, open control panel and set view by as large icons and look for Windows Firewall and click on it. On the left side Advanced settings will be there click on it and now follow the exact same procedure from point 2 in the above mentioned steps.
This way you can prevent your cracked software and other programs from accessing the internet. This was all we had on how you can block software and programs from accessing the internet. Feel free to ask if you have any query in the comment section below.Block Your Cracked Software or Programs from accessing the Internet! Click To Tweet